FUEL GROUP'S DIRECT MAIL SERVICESWe can help you get a better ROI on your direct mail marketing campaigns
At Fuel Group we provide a range of direct mail services that will help you run your job smoothly, and most importantly get you a nice return on your investment.
Direct mail marketing is still one of the best profit generators for businesses. Whether acquiring new business, bringing back dormant customers or keeping your current customer base up to date with your current offers and services it can produce terrific results.
Your direct mail marketing campaign just has to be implemented correctly with a compelling offer and has to be structured in such a way that it grabs your customers or potential customer’s attention.
At Fuel Group we can help you formulate a direct mail campaign that will get you the results you are after.
Some of the different types of direct mail marketing we can assist you with include, postcard mail outs, standard letter and marketing card mail outs that are inserted into envelopes, plastic wrapping direct mail pieces, plastic wrapping for catalogue distribution, and plastic wrapping brochures with a flysheet.
When starting off a new campaign we will go over a detailed brief with our client and plan out a schedule. We will run over things such as whose Australia Post account are we lodging on, details of any material that needs to be printed, are there any specific in hand dates for the direct mail pieces, and much more.
Some of our direct mail services listed below.
OUR DIRECT MAIL SERVICES INCLUDE
COPY WRITINGAlong with the quality of your list, and how appealing your offer is, copy writing is among the most important elements of your direct mail piece. We have access to some of the best copy writers in the world.
THE 1 QUESTION YOU NEED TO ASK BEFORE YOU HIRE A MAIL HOUSE TO DO A DIRECT MAIL CAMPAIGN
Before you hire a mail house ask them this one question to see if they have your best interests in mind.
Who’s Australia Post Account should you lodge your mail out on?
If it is a large scale mail out in 1000’s and you do a lot of them you should have your own Australia Post account. Most mail houses put a small mark up on postage, nothing wrong with that as long as they are up front about it.
But we have seen times where clients have been urged and advised to lodge their direct mail campaign on the mail house’s Australia Post account so the mail house can put a mark up on postage.
If it only a small mail out of say 500 and under it will only account to a saving of around $50.00. But if you are mailing out thousands of direct mail pieces the savings can be in the thousands of dollars. We recently saved a client $3000.00 on postage on one mail out by advising them to use their own account.
9 TIPS FOR MAXIMISING YOUR ROI WHEN DOING DIRECT MAIL CAMPAIGNS
- Include a grabber into your direct mail piece. Something that will get their attention and give them a reason to read your direct mail piece.
- Differentiate your mail piece. Use a different colour envelope, do a split test using stamps instead of bulk mail, send it via express post. Whenever you try things like this do a controlled split test so you can evaluate your results. Yes, it may cost more to do it via some of the methods mentioned above, but the results may be worth it.
- Do a direct mail out to your dormant customer list. People that have used your services in the past but may have gone else where. Give them an offer they can’t refuse.
- Include a risk free offer. Do you guarantee your results or your products? Well bring it to the forefront of your message. Let them know that you will take all the risk in the transaction.
- When writing your mail piece, always write it as if you are speaking to one person. Even better, use a conversational tone as if that person that is receiving your mail piece is standing in front of you.
- Mention benefits instead of features. A feature may be that your little red widget automates a certain procedure. If this automation saves time, you could word it in such a way as “You will save yourself at least 4 hours per week as our little red widget will automate the process for you”. Another example could be that instead of saying “We have been in business for 18 years”, you can reword it to say “You know you will be in safe hands, we have been serving businesses like yours for 18 years”.
- What’s in it for me? Yes, everyone wants to know what is it in it for them. Focus on their needs and what it is that your services will do for them.
- Keep this in mind when writing the message for the mail piece. The job of every sentence is to get the next sentence read.
- Even better, employ the services of a professional copywriter. The investment you make in copy writing services will be a drop in the ocean when compared to the results they can get you. We have access to some of the best copywriters in the business.
If you think that some of these ideas are good, this is just scratching the surface of what you can do to improve the profitability of your mail outs. If you get us involved at the conception stage, there is a good chance we can help you dramatically improve your results.