Well we must say, with the details recently coming out on Facebook’s new feature “Facebook Graph Search” it could seriously shake things up in the SEO world.
If you are a local business that operates a brick and mortar operation and you don’t have a Facebook page, now might be the time to jump on board and get it done. Since Facebook changed the way that pages were displayed to their fans, we were loathe to advise our clients to invest time and money in Facebook, as once they got people to like their page, they then had to pay to show them content.
Well with the way that Graph Search will work that may change the whole landscape.
Essentially you will be able to do searches based on your friends likes, so you could do searches along the lines of:
• Dentists my friends like
• Friends that like to bushwalk
• Resorts in Bali my friends like
• Friends I work with that like surfing
• Restaurants in Sydney my friends have been to
I think you get the point. It is only in the early stages and will take them a while to get it totally built out.
A couple of points to take out of this:
• If you don’t have a Facebook page and you have a brick and mortar business get one asap
• Look at ways that you can get your customers/clients to like your Facebook page (competitions, give aways, etc)
• Sign up to the waiting list to try out the beta product
Click on the link below and it will take you to the product page where you can sign up and there is also a video that will show you how it will work. http://www.facebook.com/about/graphsearch If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments section below. If you need some assistance in getting your social media program in place give us a call on 02 4306 0583.